The addictology section within communitary psychiatry service of CHUV offers a placement in its universitary outpatient unit specialized in ambulatory investigation, treatment and bio-psycho-social follow-up of substance abuse disorders (opioid and cocaine dependence) and comportemental addictions (mostly gambling disorder), based on the Case Manager model.
The trainee will follow staff within the great diversity of interventions:
- Clinical investigation on addictive behaviours,
- Psychiatric comorbidities evaluation and treatment,
- Prescription and follow-up of substitution therapies (opioid agonist agents),
- Motivational approach on addictive behaviours (with and without substances),
- Infectious diseases specialized consultations,
- Harm reduction based interventions,
- Social evaluation and support,
- Support towards the community and primary cares,
- Mobile liaison team specialized in addictology.
- Hospital addiction psychiatry unit.
The activities can be tailored on individual interests.
Unit / hospital
Policlinique d’addictologie / CHUV
Rue du Bugnon, 23, 1005 Lausanne
CHUV is the teaching hospital of the canton’s capital of Vaud, Lausanne.
2 to 3 weeks
All year round. Date of exchange will be discussed after selection but personal convenience on exchange time cannot be guaranteed.
French understanding and speaking is required. Selection of candidate will take place after skype interview evaluating french speaking basic level.
Traineeship convention to be signed with the institution. Expect a minimum of one month in order to prepare the exchange.
- Visa not needed for trainees from Schengen Zone countries. Other countries may require a visa. It is responsibility of the trainee to get information on this point, local coordinator may help
- Travel and health insurance: Recommended
- With host: NO
- Hospital residencies available: NO
- Other info like rents:
- Short period flatsharing advert on facebook: LAUSANNE à louer – bouche à oreille, Appartements à louer sur Lausanne groups.
- Couchsurfing is an option to consider!
Unfortunately, we do not offer any financial grant for this exchange programme. Accomodation fees expected for two weeks renting are an average of 400 to 600 CHF in Lausanne. Local coordinator can give support in finding accomodation solutions, but accodomodation solutions are not guaranted
Local and National Exchange Coordinator