The Italian EFPT Exchange Programme invites you to a north Italian city, Novara, in the Piedmont Region.
Italian EFPT exchange programme – Novara section
- Professor Patrizia Zeppegno
- Resident Psychiatrist of the University Clinic
Target: General Adult psychiatry.
Our psychiatric service has two different settings: the Hospital ward and the headquarter of the University chair of Psychiatry.
The ward is located within the “Maggiore della Carità” University Hospital, the second largest in our region (Piedmont), where we have 14 beds for acute patients. we are also available for consultations on call from other wards or emergency room. As trainees, we follow the entire activity of the ward, work on shifts, and each one is assigned to a resident psychiatrist for super-visioning and helping in patient’s care. We think that early rehabilitation is a priority also in the acute context, so trainees organize activities for patients like reading the newspaper daily, reading a tale in the evening every other day, music and film group once a week.
The headquarter of the University chair of Psychiatry is situated in via Giovanni Gnifetti 8, not far from the city centre and the Hospital; here we work at research (some issues are schizophrenia, mood disorders and eating disorders and others), receive our more stable or chronic patients, organise some groups of psychotherapy, attend our lessons and there is also a small auditorium where we organise the so called “Psycho-film”: it consists on the vision of a film and discuss about it following the method showed us by our former Professor Eugenio Torre and continued by our actual Professor Patrizia Zeppegno.
Novara, in the heart of Pianura Padana is not far from the most important cities of North -Western Italy like Milano, Torino and Genova and in about an hour of car you can ski on the Alps or swim in the Mediterraneo sea.
Unit / hospital:
- Ospedale Maggiore della Carità: maggioreosp.novara.it
- University chair of Psychiatry
Address and contacts:
- Hospital ward: Novara, corso Mazzini 18 pavilion G – ground floor
Phone: 0039 0321 3733202-440
Fax: 0039 0321.3733121
- University chair of Psychiatry: Novara, via Giovanni Gnifetti 8
2- 6 weeks
January-May and July-November
Language: good Italian is advised, basic Italian required.
- VISA needed: check with embassy
- Travel and health insurance : needed
- With host: No
- Novara resident trainees are available to help interested colleagues in finding the desired stay solution
- Other: Airbnb, hotels, residences and hostels
Useful websites :
Paolo Camera M D