Message from the president
- Research Internship with ECNP started in a breakfast meeting in Zurich where I have proposed to Prof Joseph Zohar, as part of my candidature for EFPT Presidency, to provide trainees the opportunity to have a research experience in international renowned centers. It has been extraordinary to be part of the process with JMAP that turned this ambitious idea into a successful reality for the great community it targets.
- Support National Trainees Associations being present in the Romanian Congress of Trainees in Bucharest and meeting spanish colleagues in WPA Congress in Madrid, supporting them to establish a committee of trainees.
- Recruitment Strategy for Medical students in collaboration with IFMSA. Towards promoting the Positive Image of Psychiatry, videos have been shown in Portugal, Croatia and Turkey.
- Collaborative trainee-led research on:
- Workforce migration in 33 countries, having presented Brain drain study results from Belgium, Germany, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey and UK.
- Trainees’ opinions on UEMS Competencies in their national training programs ongoing in 7 countries.
- Promote the EFPT Exchange Program, led by trainees for trainees, that provides opportunities to go to other countries and to experience a different mental health system and training program. I am proud to say that at this phase we have 11 countries available (new placement in Germany) offering more than 50 different Programs.
- Strengthening EFPT Funding to boost our Fundraising initiative and the Forum Fees. We sincerely appreciate your solidarity and willingness of supporting us. Please donate! http://www.efpt.eu.
- New Affiliations at WPA and IACAPAP, with whom we expect fruitful collaborations.
- Represented EFPT at several international key congresses, such as the EPA Symposium in Turkey.
As for the Communication Strategy, one of the key goals of this year in order to make EFPT recognized and acknowledged across Europe:
- Two General Managers have been nominated: the EFPT Newsletter Editor and the EFPT Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Group has been established (Thematic Days have been announced through our network: International Youth Day, World Suicide Prevention Day, World Mental Health Day)
- Guidance of use of EFPT Social Media has been promoted
- EFPT News Edition was initiated with a special issue covering EFPT activities at WPA Congress in Madrid
- EFPT Signature was produced, advertising our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and the website
- EFPT Flyer circulated in a initiative to spread the word of the EFPT
- New EFPT Website has been launched
Last, but not the least, the Pre-registration for the EFPT Porto Forum 2015 has opened! If you know you are attending, don’t think twice: pre-register today!
We are preparing an array of scientific and social activities, so that all the participants can interact and network under an enjoyable atmosphere.
The EFPT Porto Forum will be preceded by the first EFPT Course on Leadership and Professional Skills, directed by Professor Norman Sartorius and Professor Sir David Goldberg. The Scientific Program of the Forum will include 2 EPA Academia Itinerant CME courses on Suicide Prevention and How to survive as a psychiatrist, with Professor Danuta Wasserman and Julian Beezhold; UEMS Workshops with Dr Marc Hermans and Dr Brian Jacobs and ECNP Speaker in the Scientific Program.
I want to conclude by emphasizing that I look forward to continue this stimulating and demanding work in the year ahead of us.
None of this would be possible without the dedication, enthusiasm and hard-work from psychiatry trainees around Europe that are joining forces in the EFPT!
Mariana Pinto da Costa
On behalf of the EFPT Board