- Gulay Mammadzada (Azerbaijan)
- Viktor Segeda (Slovakia)
- Nuria I. Núñez Morales (Spain)
- Alberto San Roman Uria (Spain)
- Olha Myshakivska (Ukraine)
The main aim of our working group is to support each other in the first steps of building a national trainees’ association and to help the existing national trainees’ associations in restoring their activity. We discuss the obstacles that we face, and share ideas and tips. We also try to initiate contact with young psychiatrists in countries that do not yet have an association, and have never heard or visited EFPT meetings.
An effort to communicate the value and importance of having national trainees’ association and engagement of trainees in EFPT activities – is our second purpose. We are happy to invite also those trainees who already have their own national association established and working well, to join our working group and share their insight and experience with us.
EFPT believes that organised trainee interest is key to promoting high quality psychiatric training in each country, therefore it is essential that both adult and CAP psychiatric trainees are represented by national trainee organisation in each country.
Action plan for 2015/2016:
- Co-organising in the Young Psychiatrists Session and International societies session at the 9th International Psychiatry Medforum Congress in Wisla, Poland, in December 2015
- Building further the network of trainees in Poland
- Creating a website of the Polish NTA including information relevant to trainees
- Setting the frames for establishing psychiatric trainee associations in Bulgaria and Spain: building the trainees networks and seeking support of decision makers in the respective countries
- Encouraging national associations of candidate member status to become full EFPT members
- Presentations at the Young Psychiatrists Session and International societies session at the 9th International Psychiatry Medforum Congress in Wisla, Poland, in December 2015
- A possible publication on establishing a national trainee association and the meaning of such local organisation for psychaitric trainees – to be discussed
- Further cooperation with the organisers of the International Psychiatry Medforum Congress in Wisla, Poland
- Close cooperation with trainee leaders in Bulgaria and Spain on creating local trainee associations
- International Psychiatry Medforum Congress in Wisla, Poland, December 2015
Subscribe to EFPT-building a national association group