Dear colleagues and friends,
I would like to raise your attention to the ECNP Junior Member Advisory Panel JMAP, https://www.ecnp.eu/junior-scientists/JMAP.aspx, which was established by former EFPT President Florian Riese in 2011. Basically it is a committee of selected junior ECNP members who give input about on how ECNP can cater to the needs of junior scientists. Livia de Picker is the current EFPT member of JMAP, which consists of one EFPT representative and the other four positions are MD clinical scientists and non-MD junior scientists. However, the position is now becoming vacant and we would like to advertise it amongst the EFPT members.
If you could please send a CV and a 200 word motivational statement about why this exciting position appeals to you to the firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the 21st November (please can you ensure we have your email and Skype details as well), and we will forward the top 3 applications to JMAP to choose the next member.
We are looking for candidates who:
– have graduated as MD and meet the criteria of ECNP junior scientist (https://www.ecnp.eu/junior-scientists/definition-junior-scientist.aspx)
– are well-embedded in the EFPT network
– can act as a bridge between EFPT and ECNP
– have an interest (and preferably also some research experience) in neuroscience, psychopharmacology and/or biological psychiatry
– have previously participated in an ECNP activity (workshop, school, congress, internship, seminar)
– are fluent in English
– are active on or knowledgeable in one or more social media platforms
– can commit to a 2-year term (with the possibility of extension) starting April 2019 at an average work load of 1-2 hours per week, and attend the annual ECNP Congresses (supported by ECNP).
Why join JMAP?
By joining JMAP, you get the unique opportunity to experience the workings of ECNP from the inside and establish a working relationship with some of the most influential psychiatrists and neuroscientists in Europe. You will be actively involved in shaping the initiatives for Junior Scientist during the ECNP Congress and throuughout the year. You will be invited to write a commentary piece for European Neuropsychopharmacology under the mentorship of a senior editor. You will have the opportunity to attend the ECNP Congress as Faculty (supported by ECNP) and to participate in different Congress activities, allowing you to learn new skills (chairing a symposium, reviewing submissions, poster jury).
Any questions please let me know and best of luck!