Some reasons to make a brief visit in Turkey:
- to experience working with a culturally diverse population
- to have the opportunity to conduct research in social psychiatry
- to work in an environment where family support is more effective than most of the European countries: as most of the patients with psychiatric disorders live with their families, the ratio of homeless psychiatric patients is low.
- to make an input in the process of development of the new community-based psychiatry services, by sharing the experiences from her/his own country.
- to work with a large sample and high varieties of patients, as there are high numbers of patients per a psychiatrist.
- to experience an institutional setting where legal organisations and sanctions are less determined by insurance systems.
National Coordinator: Dr UĞUR ÇIKRIKÇILI