If you want to promote your event please contact : email@example.com
- This event has passed.
ECNP Workshop for Early Career Scientists in Europe (7-10 March 2019, Nice, France)
7 March 2019 - 10 March 2019
The three-day workshop is a great opportunity for early career scientists in Europe to come together with research leaders to discuss the latest advances and perspectives on specific topics.
Aim of the workshop
To stimulate high-quality experimental and clinical research in brain disorders and their treatments by promoting and encouraging the development of early career scientists seeking to pursue research careers in neuropsychopharmacology.
Every year, the workshop focuses on three recurring topics and one variable topic.
The three recurring topics are:
• Molecular and cellular: New findings in molecular and cellular mechanisms related to the causes, characteristics and control of psychiatric and/or neurological disorders. Cellular, animal and human studies are considered.
• Behavioural and systems: Novel insights into behaviour and the neurobiological mechanisms and neural circuits underlying its induction, control and coordination. Both animal and human studies are considered.
• Clinical neuroscience: Recent findings in the field of clinical neuroscience.
The variable topic of 2019:
• Preventative intervention in brain disorders: Neurobiological principles and clinical findings related to early biomarkers and early treatment strategies for brain disorders. Both animal and human studies are considered.
• A platform for 100 early career scientists to meet inspiring speakers and experts in the field and present their research poster in the beautiful city of Nice
• An invitation to 20 participants (five within each topic) to give a short presentation on their research
• An opportunity for eight participants to speak at the New findings symposium in the ECNP Congress 2019
• Travel Award to 12 runners-up to attend ECNP Congress 2019
• A chance to get their abstracts published in a supplement to the journal European Neuropsychopharmacology
• Free registration
• Hotel accommodation in a shared room
• Travel subsidy to participants from countries with a developing economy
More information here : https://www.ecnp.eu/junior-scientists/workshops.aspx