The EFPT represents the consensus of psychiatric trainee’s associations across European countries and advocates for what training should look like, regardless of the country.
EFPT goals are:
- to explore the diversity and richness of current training of psychiatrists in Europe;
- to support the development of national trainees’ organizations in all European countries;
- to promote and represent internationally the views of the trainees in all branches of psychiatry;
- to translate the discussion of trainees into action at a local level to improve training.
How to apply for full membership ?
EFPT is a federation of Psychiatric Trainees’ Associations therefore you cannot apply for membership as an individual. However, if you are part of an association in your country, the procedure is as follows:
- The candidate association must address a letter of candidature to the Board of the Association.
- The acceptance of the candidature will be voted by the board by a simple majority.
- The board will inform the general assembly of all the candidatures.
Your association must then attend to the next EFPT Forum.
The admission of new full members is subordinated to the three following conditions:
- to have taken part in two consecutive forums
- to provide the statutes of the national organization to the board
- approval of application by vote by a simple majority in a General Assembly
If a member organization does not take part in two consecutive forums, this one loses its statute of effective member.